Tuesday, December 17, 2013
2:00 p.m. EST – 3:00 p.m. EST (11:00 a.m. PST — 12:00 p.m. PST)
No cost to register.
Join us for a webinar presentation which frames the changes about to affect your agency, and provides ways you can adapt right now.
Rick Diamond, Vice President of I.T., Agency Operations, WFG National Title Insurance Company
Charles Cain, SVP, Agency, Midwest, WFG National Title Insurance Company
What your agency did to be successful in the past will likely not be enough to succeed in 2014 and beyond. Regulatory changes, market shifts and new client demands all mean that title agents will have to reconsider the way they do business…and soon. On December 17, join us to consider some of the new challenges emerging for title agents as well as two real solutions available to WFG agents.
- How does your agency ensure data security as will be required by the CFPB and your lending clients? To what extent does your e-mail need to be encrypted? Is your firewall adequate? How secure is your network, and is that secure enough?
- Will your methods for ensuring data integrity—especially where inaccurate data could negatively affect closing tolerance–meet the standards required by your lenders?
- How does an agent undertake the very real operational changes that will be required by lenders, underwriters and enforcement agencies while maintaining his or her margins?
- Are your settlement, closing and even recording procedures in line with new consumer protection requirements?
This is a free webinar open to title agents, settlement services professionals, real estate attorneys and industry executives who take their operations practices and compliance strategies seriously. Expect future seminars on topics of interest to you from WFG National Title Insurance Company, a partner and trusted resource for title agents nationwide.
Click here to register.
The Title Advisor series is a webinar series provided as a complimentary resource for agents and partners of WFG National Title Insurance Company. Each month, WFG will provide top experts to discuss subjects of relevance for title agents and settlement services providers:
- Growth Strategies: Revenue streams, product strategy, marketing and sales
- Market Trends: Big picture overview of the industry and market strategy
- Compliance Trends: Legislative, regulatory and litigation updates and tools for compliance
- Production and Ops Practices: Technology, streamlining efficiencies, general operations and strategies for improving production and delivery of product
- Title 101: Basic training for entry and mid-level title professionals.
- Town Hall: Tell us what’s on your mind. How can we be of service, and what issues can we help you face?
To learn more about WFG National Title, or to learn about future installments of The Title Advisor Series, go to www.WFGNationalTitle.com.
Interesting Article from the Mortgage Professional website:
You are about to wire closing funds to the table, into the hands of a lawyer, title agent or escrow company employee you have never met before, but no worries because you have a Closing Protection Letter CPL right? Wrong.Take a good look at the language in this warranty letter. The majority of CPLs insure against two events: 1 Outright theft of the mortgage proceeds, and 2 Any other event that impairs the invalidity or unenforceability of the lien of the mortgage.
via Closing Protection Letters Are NOT Insurance Against Mortgage Fraud | Mortgage News | Daily National and State Headlines.